1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Sandusky, OH

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Need sports editor to lead the team in print and online. The ideal candidate is a person willing to commit to producing the best local sports coverage possible and sees both short-term and long-term goals. He or she also will have a commitment to new media and interacting with readers and sports fans of all stripes in every way possible.

The Sandusky Register is an award-winning 24,000 circulation daily on the shores of Lake Erie. We want someone with enthusiasm, energy and a good sense of humor. The right person for the job will be a self-starter with at least three years of solid sports reporting experience. Previous management experience helpful but not necessary.

We have high expectations in our newsroom, and the right candidate will be a person who relishes a challenge. If you think you've got what it takes, we want to hear from you.

A vacation paradise, Sandusky is the rollercoaster capital of the world and home to the best amusement park in the universe. The cost of living here is as good as it gets and our lakefront is less than an hour from Cleveland.

E-mail cover letter, resume and attachments by Sept. 17 to managing editor Matt Westerhold at mattwesterhold@sanduskyregister.com.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have a friend who used to work in news here. You can get a good perch sandwich downtown. And that's all I have.

3. Give Tommy Callahan a call. You can go cow-tipping with him.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

What in the hell? Not only did Sea World go away, but Geauga Lake is gone too?

Screw it. Nothing else to do in Sandusky. :D

5. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Those two parks were in Aurora. Cedar Point is in Sandusky.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Crap. You're right. I'm stupid. We went to both when I was growing up, and in my old age, flipped the cities.

Then, if you like roller coasters (Cedar Point is still around, right?) this is a good place.

:-\

7. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

What happened to Dan Angelos?

8. td truckers

td truckers Member

Took a job writing for a non-profit magazine based out of Oberlin, Ohio...9-to-5 type hours, less workload, etc.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did the auto parts factory stay in business after he died?

10. Pretty sure Richard took over.

11. Colton

Colton Active Member

Best of luck to Dan. Good guy. Hope it works out well for him.

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Dan Angelo is a huge loss for the Register. He had been there for 22 years and just got shit on constantly. Good for him to move on.

Run away from this job. It's terrible management, from the publisher on down to ME. They don't give two craps about the employees. But they may let you sleep there in event of an emergency (crossthreading).

However, the prep sports scene there is terrific. Unless you do it on your own, very little chance to do OSU, or Cleveland sports.

But for the most part, this place is a disaster.

Oh, Callahan Motors is thriving though. BEES!

Draft saved Draft deleted