1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, San Luis Obispo Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MileHigh, Nov 20, 2007.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Houses??? you're kidding. handing over rent checks is more like it.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude - you gotta own sometime, but yeah, SLO is a little spendy.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Agreed, you got in the game as soon as you can. Bought my first place in '87 and have upgraded twice. When you pay the mortgage, you pay yourself.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what is the average crib in SLO or SC, something like $660k?

5. bp6316

bp6316 Member

You can get a "decent" place in the SLO area starting in the $375-400k range. But if you're wanting to get a little more elbow room or you are popping out offspring, you'll be looking upwards of $450k to start. You can get joints in Los Osos a little cheaper, but the downturn in California real estate has actually helped make SLO somewhat more "affordable" if you have a good chunk to lay down etc.

Side note: It drives me nuts that I can say "$375-$400k range" and be talking about relatively crap housing. Living in California totally changes your perception of housing in the rest of the country. For example, upon leaving Cali for NC, we bought a 2,400 sq ft, 4 bed, 3 bath two-story house for $180k. Ah, California.

6. rapides

rapides New Member

Is there any word on where their sports editor is headed?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

To whoever gets this gig: whenever you can, trek the 30 miles south to Santa Maria for tri-tip BBQ.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and an overnight stay at the never never land mansion.

9. Songbird

And a night o' fun at the Madonna Inn.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude, your knowledge of this country amazes me at times. the madonna inn rules.

11. Songbird

gracias, amigo. been around a few blocks ...

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if you can walk around a few blocks with a tasty wave and a cool buzz, then you're my kinda cat, xan.

Draft saved Draft deleted