1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Roswell, NM

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Roswell again?

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, Petty ... I thought you took this job months ago. Do you have any idea how disappointed I am in you?

Seriously ... this job's like a 7-Eleven — it never closes for long.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

You are a child. Remain in a child's place. People need the information on this thread even if the job isn't the greatest. You have issues with me, fine. Only an idiot, and I'm being very kind, can get upset with an electronic message board. Time for you to grow up. I'm sure you will respond with another childish rant, do it and let it go. Better yet, how about showing that you aren't acting childishly and let it go without a comment. Your actions will tell which road you prefer to travel.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I know it's a futile gesture, asking a Roswell thread not to turn into a circus, but let's please at least try to keep this about the job.

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and what's next after that? turning water into wine?

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yes sir.

I just wonder what kind of pictures boots has of webby.

6. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

The one good thing I can say about Roswell is it is (or at least was last time I was through there) home to one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever found -- Pasta Cafe Italian Grill. The place is/was owned by a guy from Queens named Andre Luigi Buonaiuto. How a guy from Queens wound up in Roswell, I have no effin clue. But after trying the grilled pork chops and eggplant parmesan, I quit caring where he was from.

The original location was in what in Roswell passed for a mall, right across from the movie theater.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No matter how "bad" the place might be, I think it's unusual they haven't found someone over the years that takes this job and just stays there. Lots of newspapers rthat size have lifers who just enjoy living in a smaller city, etc.

I think there have been four SEs in Microville over the past 50 or so years and except for one unbelievable clown who washed out in 15 months (not management's brightest hour to hire that douchnozzle) everyone else has (or will) stayed for at least 14 years, and while Microville might be a little larger because of the annual student infestation I'm sure our circulation is comparable.

8. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Are alien autopsies part of the job description? (Sorry, Moddy, couldn't resist.)

9. DKIA

DKIA Member

Don't shed any tears....but the job listing was pulled.

Draft saved Draft deleted