1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Roswell, NM

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

RELEASE THE HOUNDS.

The Roswell Daily Record, an award-winning, independent daily newspaper in southeastern New Mexico with a circulation of about 11,000, is seeking a sports editor. Candidates for the sports position should possess strong writing skills, be familiar with sports terminology, be computer literate and able to meet deadlines. Experience in covering high school sports is a big plus. We’re looking for an aggressive editor who can provide play-by-play information, place games in the larger context and break down the statistics. Experience with photography and page layout (Quark) is preferred as they are daily duties for this position. The sports editor supervises our sports reporter, so management experience is helpful. Applicants should contact Andrew Poertner, editor, Roswell Daily Record, at andrewpoertner@yahoo.com, fax at (575) 625-0421 or send mail to Andrew Poertner, Roswell Daily Record, P.O. Box 1897, Roswell, NM 88202. Email is preferred. No phone calls, please.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Oh Drippy, why would we release the hounds?

Why would you post something like that before an ad? You're trying to incite something here. It's the same old act with you. It's old and it's tiresome. If you don't have anything positive to contribute, please take it to PMs.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

You are right, I shouldn't have put release the hounds before the post. For that I apologize to any one who may have been offended.
    As for you Hank, I'm so glad that sj's favorite troll is still getting his jollies off of trailing my posts. Do keep up the good work. I am proud of you.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So is this an actual opening or an inside joke?

6. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Both.

7. writing irish

Coyotes? Oh yes.

Bulldogs? There are some in the area.

Hounds? Up the highway about 90 miles.

8. jps

jps Active Member

paging mr. tom petty to the front desk ... tom petty, front desk, please.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Says the man (and I use the term very loosely) who posted ELEVEN MINUTES after mine (and for your simple brain, that's less than the half hour and three hours I posted after your pointless posts).

And wouldn't that post directed at me been better kept to PMs, droopy drippy? Why can't you stay on topic, dawg?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

naw, dude. i was looking at a sports writing gig with these fine folks. this one is way, way above my head.

11. writing irish

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm going to hell, and you know it.

Draft saved Draft deleted