1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Ridgecrest, CA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This school doesn't think that's funny.

[​IMG]

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Been fogged in more than a few times for games at Rim, one of the better places for a high school game.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Do the cheerleaders have any good rhymes playing off "Rim"?

Let's go Rim! Let's go Rim!
    After the game, get some trim!

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Covered a game at Rim many years ago that was so foggy we couldn't see the players on the field from the sidelines.

We gave up on keeping stats and when there was a score we'd grab a player and ask what happened.

The drive down the mountain was one of the most harrowing I've ever made.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

I had a summer job where I drove up and down that mountain nearly every day. Fun when you're young and single; both hands (and eyes) on the road now.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. MileHigh

The fog can be brutal. But when the Santa Anas are blowing ... it's a great setting for high school football. The 18 is definitely a hold-on-tight-to-the-wheel drive.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The smoke looks brutal, too.
    Are they having a cookout?

gravehunter likes this.
  9. MileHigh

That's from the 2003 fire, most likely. When it's dry -- and it's been dry for years -- and the wind blows, it's obviously no fun.

10. georgealfano

georgealfano Active Member

It sounds like you might have been at the same game I was :). My game was in 1993, and the coaches were about 5 yards onto the field. They could not see the game from the sidelines. What was tough was that I had to drive back down the hill to write the story at the office.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Mine was in 1986 and I was working for an afternoon paper, so I didn't have to write until Saturday morning.

12. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

What happened with this job?

Draft saved Draft deleted