1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Richmond Suburban Newspapers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RichSuburbNews, Mar 6, 2007.

1. RichSuburbNews

RichSuburbNews New Member

http://jobs.mediageneral.com/JobDetails.asp?varID=RSN-000016

Richmond Suburban Newspapers seeks a reporter to join our team in the Chesterfield market. We value initiative, creativity and curiosity along with strong reporting skills and good news judgment. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism. Minimum of one year of experience in a weekly newspaper preferred. Will consider applicants that have experience in free-lance writing for print/on-line publications. Must have experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe and paginating software on a PC platform. Photography skills a plus.

External Candidates: Click the "apply online" link in this announcement to complete the application form. Submit work samples to: Sports Editor Work Samples (10MB limit on inbound e-mails)Completed application form, cover letter, resume and five (5) samples illustrating the depth and breadth of your capabilities required for full consideration.

Current RT-D and MG Employees: Download the Internal Application Form

What I can tell you: First off, it's not my job. I hope. Actually, we're starting a second weekly newspaper in the Chesterfield County area , and the powers that be are adding a sports person to handle the two papers and websites there. There's seven high schools between the two publications and a stock car track. There's also a lot of emphasis on community sports, and they're trying to increase their online presence. It's a good first job.

PM me for more details.

2. neely8

neely8 New Member

could you please e-mail me about this information at neely08@msn.com

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

You're hired!

(I've always wanted to do that.)

4. Are you looking for a sports editor (as the thread title indicates) or a reporter (as the ad states)?
    Just curious.

5. RichSuburbNews

RichSuburbNews New Member

The listing on Media General's website says sports editor, and that's what I've been going by for the last year. Also, the link up top doesn't seem to work, so go to jobs.mediageneral.com for the listing info.

Draft saved Draft deleted