1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor/Reporter for the Berkshire Record in Western Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mister413, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Mister413

Mister413 New Member

The Berkshire Record, a weekly newspaper in Western Massachusetts, is looking for a sports editor.

This is a one-man shop, in which you collaborate with a sister paper and share stories. You'll also have an intern, usually a high school senior.

Four small high schools are the focus of the coverage, but a considerable amount of time can be spent on Berkshire School, a prep school that MLS rookie Jack Harrison, U.S. Olympic hockey players Kendall Coyne and Kacey Bellamy and the NHL's Kevan Miller called home.

This is a solid gig for someone just starting out. The job is heavy on layout.

Office is located in Great Barrington, about 2.5 hours from New York City and Boston, and 40 minutes to Albany.

This is my old gig. Message me for more details, I'll gladly fill you in on any and everything you need to know.

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Reporter

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted