1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor/Reporter- Crosby, ND

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1530767

Company: Journal Publishing
    Position:
    REGIONAL SPORTS REPORTER/EDITOR
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    October 28, 2013
    Job ID: 1530767

Description:

REGIONAL SPORTS REPORTER/EDITOR: Journal Publishing, named best in its circulation class in North Dakota for 2012, seeks a candidate to cover high school sports, club hockey and Legion baseball for The Journal, Crosby and the Tioga Tribune. Duties include coordinating coverage by freelancers, communicating with coaches, typing stats and reporting main sports stories. May develop a sports column and will train to lay out a sports page in each paper each week. Some feature or general news reporting assignments during off seasons. Prefer at least one year of community newspaper experience but will consider a conscientious rookie. Position to be located in either Crosby or Tioga, with a housing stipend negotiable. Health insurance and other benefits included. Previous applicants need not apply. Please send a letter of application and resume to cecilew@crsobynd.com.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You need freelancers to cover Divide County sports?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Tough to be in Crosby, Tioga and Ray at the same time if they all have home games on the same night. I see Steve Andrist is now a consultant, not the publisher. He's good people, he and his dad run/ran a quality small-town newspaper up there.

4. RickStain

I was just mouthing. If you say they're good, they're good, and it's a fun sports scene to be covering up there.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It would be mighty tough to beat the Andrists as publishers of a small-town paper. Not so sure about living in Divide County, though, unless I had a bunch of property with the mineral rights.

Of course, then I wouldn't be living in Divide County.

Used to be a ton of Class B schools in that area but many of them are probably gone, thanks to consolidation. Epping made the Class B state finals in 1977 with 17 or 18 kids in the whole school. I think their starting 5 were two brothers, two cousins and some guy name Ole.

6. RickStain

First game I covered up there was Parshall or New Town, and they had 11 players for a nine-man game.

7. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Isn't that cheating?

8. Be prepared to buy your own RV and a ton of blankets.

Draft saved Draft deleted