1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor/reporter | Bolivar, Missouri

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SFIND, May 18, 2017.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

SPORTS REPORTER

SPORTS EDITOR / REPORTER Bolivar Herald-Free Press, a twice-weekly, is seeking a sports editor/ reporter for a 1 person sports staff interested in joining the cause of making a difference in lives of all ages in and around Polk County, MO.
    We are THE source for all things news and information in our community, which has a small university and multiple high schools, with champions aplenty.
    This team hears frequent confirmation about its relevance in local lives.
    Our departing sports champion has done a great job in print and online, with photos, video and copy.
    We seek the same with constant focus on improvement, just like the athletes we cover.
    EOE.

2. Lt.Drebin

Lt.Drebin Active Member

One tip: in backwoods Mizzeruh, this town's name is pronounced "Bolliver"...

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

"This team hears frequent confirmation about its relevance in local lives." I presume that's the high school, because Southwest Baptist ain't knocking anyone's socks off in anything except maybe women's basketball. Also, does anyone else read that as "Entitled athletes enjoy hearing about how important they are?"

"Our departing sports champion?" Did he win the job by defeating other sports writers in battle? Do they narrow the candidates down to two and then have them fight or is it like a tournament among all the candidates?

Liut likes this.
  4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Green Day might have said it best with "Bolivar of Broken Dreams."

I Should Coco likes this.
  5. neely8

neely8 New Member

I am the former sports editor st this publication. Bolivar is a great community to work in and the athletes and coaches are top notch. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and encourage anyone with a passion for sports to check this job out. You won't be disappointed

6. georgealfano

georgealfano Active Member

Somewhere, Ricardo Montalbon cringes

Draft saved Draft deleted