1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Quincy Patriot-Ledger

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by clutchcargo, Sep 15, 2006.

1. happygirl

happygirl Member

Still dragging their feet. Their hockey writer remains the interim SE and he's frazzled. I think the long-time SE retired in April or May. But they keep limping along with their minimal pro staff and strong high school coverage. Looks to me like management doesn't give much of a crap about Sports.
    By the way, and this has always been a pet peeve of mine, a long-time Ledger-watcher: there's no hyphen between Patriot and Ledger. Don't know why that bothers me.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Indeed, happy.

Staff has lost a lot of folks in the past 10 years. Seth Livingston, replaced by Del Jones (sort of), now position is gone. Dick Trust's slot position is gone. I'm sure they've lost one or two others on the desk, spots that have not been filled. Rick Seto probably is wanting to pull his hair out with the tournaments now and Thanksgiving Day also on the horizon.

Draft saved Draft deleted