1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Porterville, CA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Sep 25, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Porterville Recorder, a 9,300-circ., six-day daily in southeastern Tulare County, is seeking a dynamic sports editor to help take the Sports Section -- and the paper -- to the next level. Our primary coverage area includes six high schools, a community college and a wide array of community sports. We're located on the doorstep of some of the finest outdoor recreational areas in the state. We're looking for someone who is innovative and is willing to move forward with multimedia. The sports editor must be responsive to community concerns and interests. We prefer a minimum of three years reporting experience and a year in an assistant editor position. To apply, send a cover letter stating why you're the person for the job, a resume and 5-7 work samples to Editor Glen Faison at gfaison@portervillerecorder.com, or at The Recorder, 115 E. Oak Ave., Porterville, CA 93257.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Ahh, Porterville.

When I worked in Santa Maria covering Hancock College, I road-tripped with the baseball and women's basketball teams a few times up to Porterville. Ain't a whole lot to do up there, but it was they were cool roadies.

All I got.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Decent golf course, River Island there, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted