1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Pocatello Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jersey_Guy, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Ken Parks is a great man. Love him to death. He was my freshman hoops coach and track and field coach. Obviously, he didn't have much to work with when I was his player. Still, he worked to make me better and, after I sprouted from a 5-9 frosh to a 6-2 soph, I was of more value to the (practice) squad.

Ken 'retired' a few years ago in order to watch and not coach his youngest kid. Now, IIRC, he's back on the sidelines.

I'll throw a scary name or two at you. Glay Homer and Polly Dahlke.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

There but for the grace of God go I. And MANY of my friends and former co-workers. I hope it works out for the guy and his family.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow lester, that's kinda cold.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. TRS-80

TRS-80 New Member

Face it fellas, Brundage was a stalwart.

That guy got more creative ways to spell McNeely, Mcneely, McNeeley, MacNeely in print and in headlines than any man alive. Of course, his presence is sorely missed at the local lanes. He also had a wonderful rapport with Randy Rehrer.

But what happened with his replacement, the King of all Poky media? Did the crash landing in the poky cost him his new gig?

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Good heavens. It's an SEI reunion on SportsJournalists.com. Scary.

7. Minotauro

Minotauro Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31038/

8. mose

mose Member

Randy Rehrer ... God, there's another name dredged up from the past. Even though he was chased out of town long before BS arrived on the ISJ scene, the two obviously shared some similar traits. I never heard anything about BS defiling high school girls, though.

Brundage ... the guy simply defies definition. You have to wonder if the sports staff in Reno looks at him with the same reverence we ISJ alums do.

Any of you guys ever go to his house and see his prize possession -- a lifesize Elvira cutout?

Speaking of BS, anyone know what his plans are?

9. TRS-80

TRS-80 New Member

If you knew Brundage, you had to figure by now he'd be managing a bowling alley somewhere with Rosy cutting hair in the back and flippin' burgers on the side. Is the Press Box still serving up good steak sandwiches and cold beverages?

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Still there. Don't know if I'd call the steak sandwiches good, though.

that end of town (and farther north) has had a massive makeover recently.

11. mose

mose Member

Ahhhh, Rosy ... the ISJ memory-lane hits just keep on coming. Ever since a post-deadline beer stop at Brundage's house one regrettable evening, the image of Rosy wandering around with curlers in her hair and cold cream on her face is indelibly etched in my psyche. Still need the occasional help of a therapist to deal with that.

I didn't think Bob would be managing a bowling alley by now, I figured he'd sweeping one out.

Was through Poky a couple weeks ago and made a visit to the Press Box. Same crowd, same good food -- I happen to like the steak sandwiches, although the prime rib sandwich special on Tuesday is more of a personal favorite. A trip to Buddy's is a ritual when I venture back to the Gate City ... that and getting a salad and combo pizza at Buddy's.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Never thought I'd see a thread with more than one person waxing nostalgic about Pocatello.

I was there for five years and don't particularly miss it. The PressBox, for a guy of my particular persuasion, was regrettably not high on the to-do lists. Uma and I were more the type to stop at Wingers or Applebees for the lame chain food. ::) :-\

Draft saved Draft deleted