1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Odessa (TX) American

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MiamiBoy, May 30, 2017.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yep, all it takes is a few keystrokes to ruin your career.

2. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

We actually had to part ways with a freelancer once over his Twitter behavior. Local football team went for it on fourth down deep in their own territory, and got pick-sixed. The freelancer tweeted of the coach "I don't know what he regrets more -- that call, or his drinking problem."

Local coach still won't talk to us, even after we made the kid delete the tweet and we put an public apology in the paper.

busch likes this.
  3. In Da Hood

In Da Hood New Member

Simple. If you are considering a job, it's nice to have as much knowledge about the potential job. Any bit here helps, rather it's about the sports scene, the town, or the staff.

Was there a need to blast him on here? Maybe not. But if I were going to be the future SE, I would like to know what type of guys I'll be in charge of.

4. Iceberg Simpson

Iceberg Simpson New Member

Might be the dumbest tweet I've ever seen
    Stuff like this has me seriously wondering how anyone would think it's OK to post this on social media.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll be damned if I'd offer any kind of inside scoop on a thread like this if it leads to getting crucified by the peanut gallery. Guess young Justin didn't know that was the price ya pay.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wow. Some things can't be undone overnight, even if it was a freelancer. Ouch!

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Who you callin' a peanut, shot???? ;)

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Be proud to be in a gallery. ;)

9. Tom Ato

Tom Ato Member

JLee's showing solidarity in this thread.:cool:

twinsfan1424 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted