1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor (New Braunfels, Texas)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by WrIIter, Oct 14, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Don't know about the job, but the area is great. The Hill Country wineries have produced wonderful cabs in recent years.

2. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

Ditto the compliments on the area. Lived out there for a few years and returned there a month ago to visit. Got a bit homesick, so if it's available, I'm putting my name in the hat.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

New Braunfels, home to Gruene Hall.

http://www.gruenehall.com/

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Saw a couple of shows there. Cool place.

5. Optimus Subprime

Optimus Subprime New Member

I can answer any questions on the gig if anyone's interested. I'm the staff sportswriter...

As to the earlier question - when Will (who is known across Texas, apparently) wrote his column, it had been planned that the news editor would take his job. But about a day or two after Will's column ran, the news editor took a job in PR.

The coverage area includes five high schools (New Braunfels, Canyon, Smithson Valley, Canyon Lake, New Braunfels Christian). Summer stuff includes a heavy dose of Little League and community swim meets.

The area definitely has its charm, especially if small-town Texas is your thing. I moved down from Boulder, Colo., and I had to do some adjusting.

6. jps

jps Active Member

yeah ... nb is definitely not boulder. but not a bad little town, I'd agree.

but ... community swim meets .... eh ....

7. reporter1

reporter1 Member

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

talkative, aren't ya

9. jps

jps Active Member

it's better this way, tex.

10. reporter1

reporter1 Member

11. ALMSguru

ALMSguru New Member

Is there any word on if they've started interviews for this position yet?

12. Optimus Subprime

Optimus Subprime New Member

They have.

Draft saved Draft deleted