1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Mountain Home, Ark.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jersey_Guy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

I heard they had a good candidate up there this week and elected not to go there. A guy whose current gig consists of 30 schools and about five colleges. It doesn't look like they have more than two high schools and I don't think there's a college in their coverage area, and they don't staff the Razorbacks with their own people from a look at their site. Like most GNS papers, they'll slip into Week 10 before they decide to do something about football coverage, get someone cheap, and all the G-boys will slap each other on the back. Sounds like a place to avoid. But that's already been mentioned.

2. yeah its like there's an echo in here.

The sports department used to cover 10 schools in the area, of course that was for basketball and spring sports being as only three of those play football. Now they might go to a Mtn. Home game at home now and then and that's about it. just terrible

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Still no hire on this one? Guess they'll wait until the final week of the regular season in football and do a recap tabloid....right. After they do a piece on the 99 year old who decided to take up a brisk walk routine.

4. I'm sure there has to be somebody around that, if they called the person and made the right offer, that they could fill the position. It must be that they're really not that desperate in filling the position yet.

5. :p sometimes i feel like a gripe too much. Could it be something in my diet?

6. Not at all. I'm sure there are other subjects in where we grumble just as much. This just happens to be your specialty at the time.

7. ok I guess it wasn't just me then

8. We may have found a winner for this position after reading another publication!
    We'll see if the details will be clearer at a future time.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Let's see. They dipped into the Mountain Home high school staff?

10. printdust

printdust New Member

I'm waiting with bated breath. Did they get someone in to do the wrapup on the HS regular season, or did TPTB say screw that and instead directed him to an 89-year-old that has taken up hiking?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And loves him some Tennessee Texas Washington Arkansas real estate

12. The Mountain Home football advanced to next week's Class 6A state football championship game. Good year to be without a sports editor, eh?

Draft saved Draft deleted