1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Mountain Home, Ark.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Jersey_Guy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Just saw it on jjobs.com:

E-mail this job to a friend
    Printer-friendly version
    Company: The Baxter Bulletin
    Position:
    Sports Editor
    Job Status:  Full-time
    Salary:  Negotiable
    Ad Expires: 
    September 8, 2006
    Job ID: 667249

Description:
    Sports editor wanted for mid-sized daily in north central Arkansas. A Gannett paper, we offer unlimited potential for advancement, excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. The perfect candidate will bring at least five years of solid sports experience, fluency in AP style and Quark pagination, and familiarity with NewsEdit Pro and sports photography. Online experience a plus. Coverage includes local high schools, water sports on two lakes, life sports, and world-class fly fishing on the renowned White River. We need a leader who loves the game and is a team player. Send cover letter, samples, references and resume to: Managing Editor, PO Box 1750, Mountain Home, AR 72654 or kbranam@baxterbulletin.com.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Erik Estrada should apply.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, that's Northwest Arkansas.

The largest-growing area in the country!

4. Songbird

I felt really bad for him in that infomercial. You know, he was a '70s stud on his CHiPs bike, and here he has to ride, cough cough, a real bike through the natural beauty of Hot Springs, Arkansas. Such a sad image.

Hot Springs, New Mexico, changed its name to Truth or Consequences.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hot Springs, AR, should change its name to Truth or Dare.

6. Songbird

Now that's funny. I'd move there just for that.

The job looks intriguing. If I wasn't in love with where I am now, I'd consider a move. Arkansas lovin's gotta be good, right?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You don't have to worry about those pesky teeth on the women.

Plus, the city's called "Mountain Home." How perfectly relaxing and hometownish does that sound? "Greetings from Mountain Home ... Where even strangers are residents."

8. Songbird

I might send a rezuhmay just for shits and giggles. I've been practicing my Pig-sooo-eeeeey! war cry the last few years.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um, hate to burst your bubble, but Mountain Home's a three-hour, curvy-ass, mostly two-lane road ride from Fayetteville or Little Rock or any civilized outpost, save Branson.

10. Songbird

That's what makes the job so intriguing.

11. Slash

Slash Member

Where did the previous SE go? I think his name was Sonny something or other.

12. That would be Sonny Elliott, and I'm not sure where he went. However, they've had one since then. From what I've heard, Gene McCoy was the sports editor, but he resigned to become the sports information director at Lyon College, an NAIA school in Batesville.

Draft saved Draft deleted