1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Montgomery Advertiser

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by slappy4428, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

Brad will fire or run off half of Montgomery's staff in his first six months there.

Hoops is being honest. Give him credit for that. I'd rather someone be honest than some of the disingenuous BS that gets posted about this guy.

I have several friends who have worked for Zimanek in Athens and Appleton and it's safe to say he's fucking despised by EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

I met Brad about eight years ago at the APSEs and when I heard he was in Athens, I asked him about one of his writers who had just went to one of the big websites.

The first thing he said was, "It's not a coincidence that he got there after a year of working with me."

The guy is just a prick.

2. Wow. Just wow.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow.

(And I just looked back and realized that lone star and I just had totally identical thoughts, at the exact same time. Don't know if I've ever seen that in immediately consecutive posts that were obviously being written at exactly the same moment).

4. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

In my 20+ years in this business, I have never heard of another SE badmouth his staff more than this guy. He likes to create the perception that he's always surrounded by idiots, so he's the genius if the section is any good.

If you have one of the top beats at the Montgomery paper, I would expect to be looking for work very soon.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Thanks for dropping by, Hoops. If you want to have a heart attack, read the glowing story on Jeff Wilson retiring on the front page of today's ABH.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

ugh, just did john

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good luck to those on staff who will need it... (no comment on another...)

8. Write, you know what they say about great minds thinking alike.

Seriously, I'm just blown away by level of vitriol aimed at this SE. I will confess I don't know him, but I know some of the other principals involved. I have no dog in this hunt, but it's certainly cautionary.

9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't know this SE, either, lone star.

I just might have to look him up a little bit now, though.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Vitriol, indeed. But if the job is filled, we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.