1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Montgomery Advertiser

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by slappy4428, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Even more of a reason to celebrate. He's back in the game.Great.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Hoops McCann just killed a drifter and he doesn't know why.

3. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

Good evening everybody,
    I can't help it; I must chime in here. Reading some of the posts about this particular job, it sounds much like what we read when, say, the Raiders coaching job comes open each year: "What sap would want this job?" It's funny as hell; then again, it's sad that this is what our business has come to. What makes it worse is that there's always someone who will take this job.
    By the way, I'm new to this site and can't get enough of the chatter. Lotsa good, informative, and above all, from-the-heart stuff here.

4. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Nice to see Brad land on his feet. Though, from what I've read, this really sounds like more of a crash landing than anything else.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You obviously haven't been told to fetch one of us a beer, newbie. :)

Seriously, welcome aboard. The site gets a bit crazy at times, but it's fun.

6. bpoindexter

I haven't met Brad, but I sincerely wish him the best of luck.

Here's hoping his managers actually let him manage. Cheers, steveu!

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

poor fucking bastards in montgomery. notice the people who say nice things about brad never worked for the piece of shit.

i've never heard anyone who worked for him say a nice thing about him. it's universal. the rest of you have heard him tell you how great he is as a sports editor, but that's his best trait -- utter lack of self-awareness which leads to some unearned feelings of superiority. which is funny, because people seem to buy taht shit when the asshole interviews.

since it was erased on the other thread, someone tell me when he dies because i want to shit on the still-warm corpse and do a mexican hat dance around the lifeless -- but yet somehow more productive -- body.

i saved the bastard's life one day (true story) and i still debate whether i did the right thing. i went with my human side and did it instead of the thinking side of me. the only good thing was that he could have killed someone else had i not stepped in, so i prefer to look at it as saving some stranger's life, and keeping zimanek was a sad byproduct.

oh, and folks in montgomery, if he offers you blue gatorade, i wouldn't drink it.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

This is actually a decent forum for your rage this time, Hoops.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Oh my.

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

ATTN Montgomery: Demand lemon-lime Gatorade. It's your only chance.

11. bpoindexter

Now that you've teased us Hoops, what's the rest of the story? I'm dying to know. Seriously!

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Hoops, you definitely need a hug...... or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.