1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, 'Mighty' Marion (Ind.) Chronicle-Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Apr 25, 2008.

1. SECT

SECT Guest

I believe they have hired a sports editor. From what I've been told, the official announcement will be made in Sunday's paper.
    As far as the staff writer, I think they are still looking.

2. outdoors

outdoors Member

Sports Editor hired is correct, they hired a new SE a good 10 days ago. I have heard still looking for a writer, and if you are too far away, be prepared to pay to get there.

3. rcsoxfan

rcsoxfan Member

They hired a guy for the job and he's preparing to take over. As for the writer's job, well it's going to be working under a very good editor who knows his stuff and has the ability to make that paper decent or better if it isn't already. I won't mention any names, but the guy they hired has paid his dues in the trenches of the crappy small town daily, so they'll be getting a quality guy. If it weren't so far where I am now geographically, I'd be applying for the job to work with the guy. he and I go back a couple of years so I know what he's able to do and what he will let the next hire do...good luck to all that apply

Draft saved Draft deleted