1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Middletown (NY) Times Herald-Record

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Oct 2, 2009.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The Times Herald-Record, a daily newspaper serving the Hudson Valley of New York, is looking for an innovative editor to lead its award-winning sports department. The Record Sports section vigorously covers local sports across print and digital platforms, and provides expansive coverage of New York City professional sports, as well. The position demands a foundation of solid management acumen augmented by vision, creativity and a demonstrated ability to motivate staff during challenging times. Key responsibilities include effectively shaping and evolving content for our daily print readership, while reaching a vast and growing audience by providing immediacy, depth and multimedia innovation on our Web site.

The ideal candidate will have a deep background in sports, at least five years of solid management experience and a track record of developing strategic initiatives to grow audience and take overall sports coverage to the next level. Solid copy editing abilities, sound news judgment, deep knowledge of Web content management and strong communications skills are musts. And the ability to multitask and thrive in a demanding, fast-moving environment is essential.

Please send your resume and clips to: Human Resources Dept, Times Herald-Record, 40 Mulberry St., Middletown, NY 10940 or e-mail hrdept@th-record.com

http://careers.poynter.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=3203709&keywords=sports

2. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

How much do you think this one pays? Enough to pay for a small one-bedroom-studio-with-a-shower-in-the-corner in NYC?

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

NYC would be one hell of a commute.

4. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

Got me - I was thinking of Midtown. Remind me to consult Google Maps, next time.

My question still stands, though. I am curious about the pay.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Wasn't there some action at this place not too long ago?

Draft saved Draft deleted