1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, McComb, Ms

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Mar 24, 2009.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've never been to Philly, but I'd probably rather live in Philadelphia, Miss.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Obviously you have never been to Philadelphia, Ms. Google it up some time. The town has a distinct history, especially in civil rights.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And Indian gaming.

4. three_bags_full

Obviously, you have no clue that I lived in that area for more than seven years. Unlike you, I didn't have to watch "Mississippi Burning" to learn Southern history.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What took you so long?? I've been waiting for this post all day. By the way, go to Louisiana if you get a chance and listen to the way those crazy people talk.

6. three_bags_full

Meh. Been busy, today, and didn't have much time for dumbasses.

Speaking of Louisiana accents ... when I was in Natchez, I was the Louisiana guy for a while. I absolutely loved hitting the towns across the river. Talk about some great food and drink. There was one pizza place in Vidalia that had what they called an Italian burrito. It was basically a big calzone, but I called it a baby in a blanket because it was so freakin' big.

7. Johnny Dangerously

The Natchez paper still owes me for a gamer I wrote for them years ago. It was before your time.

If anyone there wants to settle with me, I'll take an Italian burrito in Vidalia and call it even. Oh, one for me and one for three_bags. I'd enjoy the company.

8. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Not necessarily a bad thing. Scares away those damned Yankees and keeps them where they belong. :D

9. JD, that wasn't on my watch. What year was it about? But based on how often the stringer I had told me they hadn't received a check, it doesn't surprise me.

10. e_bowker

e_bowker Member

Carney, that's why we always just swapped stories with you guys. We knew you deadbeats wouldn't pay up, so we didn't bother to ask :)

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

I didn't have to watch "Mississippi Burning" either to learn about Philadelphia, Ms. or Southern history. I'm old enough to remember that year pretty well. And I did not know you lived there. My stays there have been extended ones visiting family. There are some good people in Philadelphia, Ms. but it does have a history that is difficult to ignore.

12. Johnny Dangerously

I'm too old to want to tell you what year, but I'll say this: John Carney wasn't in the NFL yet.

;)

Draft saved Draft deleted