1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Marysville (Calif.) Appeal-Democrat

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Igor in CT, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Zuri Berry

Zuri Berry New Member

Currently, I live 45 mins east of Marysville. I've made the drive to Tahoe plenty of times, which is further north east. It'll be about two hours no problem. Maybe I'm a speedster, but it's definitely a can-do.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if memory serves, it's about 15 minutes.

3. I worked a non-journalism job in Marysville/Yuba City in the mid-90s for a summer and I came to view it as the armpit of Northern California. Just not someplace I'd want to live, not for 45K and not for more than that, either. You'd go to the store for a six-pack and meet toothless, barefoot people shivering in the aisles. Yikes.

I was told repeatedly at that time that the M/YC region had been voted the worst place to live in America by Rand McNally (sp?). Now, I have to think there are far worse places out there, but I can see why it would have made such a list.

The paper, from what I recall, was just awful. I hope it's risen, because it would have had trouble heading in the other direction.

4. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

As far as endorsements go, I'd say that one is less than ringing. I put in for it out of curiosity but yeah, maybe Idaho isn't that bad after all...

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Depends what part of Idaho... The best thing about Yuba City/Marysville is that it's close to Sacramento. Other than that, there aren't many positives...

Draft saved Draft deleted