1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Martinsville, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Along with some disinformation posted by someone with no sources and no firsthand information.

2. boots

boots New Member

PROVE IT!!!

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You can't prove a negative.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Guilty conscience?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in the word(s) of a great man: SCOREBOARD

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

2cmuchcoffeeman, what disinformation? Everything that has been said about Martinsville on this thread is on the money.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

From tarheel at 8:19 a.m. today "2cmuchcoffeeman, what disinformation? Everything that has been said about Martinsville on this thread is on the money."

a sampling of tarheel's recent posts:

july 24, this thread: "Hopefully this thread won't be locked too soon. A lot of valuable information iis being aired out concerning Martinsville's woes."

july 23, this thread: "Boots, you're right that she's doing what she must in order to keep a job at least in terms of not telling off the publisher. But having met her, I don't feel sorry for her at all. She's not personable and is certainly clueless as to what makes a good sports editor."

july 23, this thread: Boots, we're pretty local too. But at least we don't have do stories that only a handful of people care about. That's a waste of time and resources. And we don't have Ginny either. Ha!

july 9, cover the nationals, speaking to me after i directly addressed boots: "Tom, give it a rest. Mocking people (boots) is really stupid."

may 9, burley, idaho, thread (again jobs): "Boots, ignore these guys. Don't let them get to you. With that being said, I've heard that Lee isn excellent chain."

april 30, staff opening, macon, ga.: "Boots, there will always be smart-asses on this board. That's never going to change."

april 25, north virginia daily: "You mean some people on this board are on pedestals? You don't say ... "

april 3, beware trentonian: "This thread will never die .... "

dec 19, sports editor calhoun, ga.: "Boots, just ignore a loser like that."

nov. 15, sports editor albany herald: "And those of you attacking Boots aren't condescending yourselves? Yeah, I get it. It's different when you guys do it."

and this is coming from a guy with 0.261 per day ... more than half of which are: "you're hired." it sure seems to me he goes out of his way to agree with boots or to support boots' point of view on many of the rest of them. real odd.

if i didn't know better i'd think this was another sickening display of multiple (personalities) screen names boots.

but i know better. yeah, i know better.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

there we go. it finally loaded. i think i'll save this one.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Tom, you're a jackass and I damn well don't care what you think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.