1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Martinsville (Va.) Bulletin.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wickedwritah, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Head on down to the Hotel Martinsville.

You can check out, but you can never leave.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Money has a funny way of changing folks' minds.

I've known several people - ok 3 - who have interviewed for this position in the past 5 years.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

up ahead in the distance, i saw a glimmering light.
    my head grew heavy and my sight grew dim,
    thought i'd stop for the night.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

bluedevil,if the clowns who run that paper ever monitor this site he might indeed have a short stay there.

6. bluedevil83

bluedevil83 New Member

Tarheel first of all I hope you're not implying that I'm some sort of tattle tale on a message board of all places. I was simply stating what Ian told me when here started in Martinsville. Secondly, the management in Martinsville doesn't spend their time reading this stuff. I know that for a fact.

7. Tarheel316

bluedevil, in no way I am saying you're a tattletale. I'm just very skeptical when it comes to management at some papers. I know for a fact that some editors do check out this site. The powers that be in Martinsville have to have some inkling about the bad rap they have here. One time, they advertised a job and were cryptic about what paper it was. We outed them on this board.

8. boots

boots New Member

Tar, I'm not coming down on you but this is all moot. The guy has the job. We'll see how long he stays. Just wish him well and those of you who know him, if you can help him, do so.

9. Tarheel316

I do of course wish Ian well. I just wanted bluedevil to know I wasn't accusing him of anything.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

If this job is going to set him up for something big in the long run, there is nothing wrong with that. Boots, why do you answer yourself so much in this thread? Just wondering. I hope Ian does well with the Bulletin.

11. boots

boots New Member

? What do you mean answering myself? I have made only three posts about this gig. What are you talking about?

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I could have sworn you had another handle that was posting in this thread too. I guess I was mistaken. Carry on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.