1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Marietta, Ga

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

SPORTS EDITOR: Suburban Atlanta newspapers seek sports editor to supervise coverage and production of sports section in metro Atlanta weekly. Prior experience as sports editor preferred. Individual must be highly-motivated and hard-working. Email resume to resumes@mdjonline.com or fax 770-428-5375. NO PHONE CALLS

2. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Wow, considering the turnover, this must be one of the most terrible jobs in the nation. How many times have we seen this opening over the years? I guess we need to hash it all out again. Fire away, those in the know ...

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Worse than Martinsville or Roswell?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There should be a contest, between Marietta, the Trentonian, Martinsville and Roswell for the inaugural SportsJournalists.com Biggest Newspaper Job of Fail Award.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We need Meat here to post the Bob Barker pic.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

No time for anything fancy. The money in there can either be used to buy a box of bullets to shoot yourself, or to ingest some needed happy powder to get through the day at one of the four shops.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That could buy a lot of rock in Martinsville.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My old gig has to be in the running.

No SE -- of the past seven that I know of -- has made it a calendar year.

Sweat-shop.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I go where I am needed. I just get there really late. Nice job on the trophy, TGD.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I would never in a million years defend the MDJ -- it deserves all the abuse it gets here -- but this appears to be a job as the SE (which means only sports guy) at one of the company's many Neighbor papers. So it's not the same job opening up every two months -- just every six months.

11. No, the money would be needed to stock up on those Ramen noodles. You'll need plenty, from what I'm hearing and reading.

12. chazp

chazp Active Member

At least Roswell has stories about aliens floating around among the locals to keep you entertained.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.