1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Lexington, NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by SportsGuyBCK, Nov 30, 2006.

1. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Found this on the N.C. Press Association Web site ... anyone know what's going on?

Sports Editor (posted 11/28/06)
    The Dispatch, an 11,000-circulation afternoon daily in Lexington owned by the New York Times, needs a sports editor to oversee the newspaper's sports coverage, supervise one sports reporter and several correspondents and lay out pages. A college degree in journalism, communications or related field is required along with three to five years newspaper experience. Familiarity with Quark and PhotoShop is a plus. The Dispatch offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume to Chad Killebrew, Executive Editor, PO Box 908, Lexington, NC 27293 or chad.killebrew@the-dispatch.com. Apply online at www.the-dispatch.com, Jobs with Us (bottom of page, search for Lexington).

2. In which part of the state is Lexington located?

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

www.mapquest.com

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

5. John

John Well-Known Member

It's about 40 miles south of Winston-Salem and about 100 miles (guessing on distances) northwest of Charlotte.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

7. Isn't that close to the Sand Hills area? That's one of the nicest golf destinations this side of the Mississippi.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's more like between Winston-Salem and Charlotte, which are about 100 miles apart. Closer to W-S than Charlotte.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Barbecue capital of the World. I'd put on 50 pounds in the first month if I had that job.

10. I sent a resume to the Dispatch when I graduated from college. Got a real nice, hand-written response from whoever was the managing editor at the time (not Chad Killebrew). Always thought that would be a nice place to work if you were living in NC. If you're from another part of the country, probably not so much.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Just notified that this job has been filled. No idea who it is. Either they found the perfect candidate early, or they had someone in mind from the get-go.

12. Kable

Kable Member

Story of my life right there.

Draft saved Draft deleted