1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Lafayette Louisiana...........Again!!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Riddick, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

nobody at ganmart either knows or is talking.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

That's not enough to can a guy. However, if you're an SE and pull something like that, I think it might be enough for you to realize you're in over your head and quit.
    But who knows.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It could have been someone in a separate online department who did it. I don't know how they run the operation over there.

Of course, maybe when he saw that, he said "I gotta get outta here."

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dan's a decent guy, guys. we shouldn't speculate.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

i don't know the guy, but whenever a gig opens up after only three months of being filled, people are going to speculate, and usually none of it will be good.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and, if you have absolutely zero information and still speculate, then you're not horrifically intelligent.

7. It may not be good, but who knows? Mad speculation is just that. Keep a lid on it.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm glad to hear the beat writer was upset about it. I saw that fishing-for-Perrilloux-rumors thing and my jaw dropped. I thought for sure the Advertiser would get destroyed on Romenesko the next day. You don't go in a public fishing expedition for leads in a rumored criminal investigation involving a high profile figure.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Ho. Lee. Shit. I thought those quotes from Opelousas were legit...matter of fact I was just bitching to a co-worker about Saban's comments. Jeez, I thought they came from Feinbaum's column in the Mobile Register.
    They've had some pretty big f'ups on the news side in Lafayette as well too...the same week the Perrilloux thing ran, they had a front page story about how a local National Guard unit was probably headed to Iraq. Turns out, it's still kind of up in the air if they'll get the call, but the headline sure made it sound like they were going over there. And the paper ran a story a few months ago about how Guns N' Roses were going to play at some downtown nightclub...they had to do a front page correction for that one. Course, the guy who did the GN'R story isn't one of my favorite people, so I had a big, big, BIG laugh over his mistake.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

any idea regarding pay on a gig like this? Also, any word on what happened to the last guy. Thought about applying for this one, but don't want to waste my time and theirs if this is a sinking ship.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

any new news?

Draft saved Draft deleted