1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Ketchikan, Alaska

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 17, 2008.

1. shortstop

shortstop New Member

Shotglass, that ESPN report you remember featured the team from Barrow, Alaska, which is at the far north end of Alaska (the opposite end of the state from Ketchikan). I loved that story, too! Barrow's team got a new artificial turf field donated to it this season.
    Working at any paper in Alaska would be quite an adventure, and probably a good one for someone who needed a change of scenery. A person would just need to do their homework on the place before going there, so they'd know what they're getting into. But no doubt, Alaska is a beautiful place!

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that and nobody really gives two shits about how much weed you grow.

3. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

Anyone heard anything on this? Sent in my resume a couple of weeks ago, but haven't heard anything.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes, last i heard they're flying everybody in for an interview ... except for this one douche.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well played. I was just going to tell him he's hired.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and thank you, hank. i just wish the noobs would make it more of a challenge.

7. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

Damn Tom, didn't I tell you to quit pickin' on me over in Virginia.

It's just unnerving knowing that no matter what rock I crawl under in this country, be it in Alaska or Virginia, I gotta deal with you... lol.

And as for bein' a newb, I might be on the board, but would throw down the gauntlet on whose got the experience.... lmao.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shit noob, that retort was funny as hell.

and sorry. i really am. if i would have remembered virginia ... i never would have pulled the alaska reply out of the hat.

you'll do well here, kroz. i hope you check out some of the other boards this place has to offer.

9. kingkroz1017

kingkroz1017 New Member

Hell dude, (ok, now we got our shit, damn, hell outta the way)
    I'm just letting my smart assedness take over the keyboard.

And my impatience, as you can see by me asking about the job.... lol

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

remember your virtues.

Draft saved Draft deleted