1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Kerrville, TX

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by cderrett, Apr 19, 2015.

1. cderrett

cderrett New Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports Editor

Date Posted: April 15, 2015
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Website: Daily Times: Serving the Texas Hill Country since 1910: Serving the Texas Hill Country since 1910

Description:
    The Kerrville Daily Times, approximately 60 miles northwest of San Antonio, seeks a sports editor who loves and can work well independently. Must-have skills include proficiency in InDesign, an understanding of newspaper design and high school sports and a firm grasp of AP style. Right person will take progessive approach to covering sports and offer creative page design. Send three writing clips, three design clips and resume to Managing Editor Mark J. Armstrong at news@dailytimes.com.

Outgoing sports editor here. I've never posted here before, so apologies if there's any etiquette I didn't follow. This position offers both opportunities and challenges. Please message me if you're interested.

Also, no, I haven't asked our managing editor if the Daily Times is seeking a sports editor who loves sports and/or just loves in general.

travis5mith likes this.
  2. Sports Guy

Sports Guy Member

Hometown of Johnny Manziel ... a blessing and a curse, though, having to follow his every action.

3. RiffRamBahZoo

RiffRamBahZoo New Member

Former sports editor's partner (I was the online editor, did a lot of random sports assignments/designs when my schedule allowed) - I can back up or verify anything that the man says. Message me if you want further details as well - I'll be happy to help out.

travis5mith likes this.
  4. travis5mith

travis5mith New Member

I applied for this gig a few days ago, haven't heard anything back yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted