1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Kennett, MO

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by buhler013, Jan 5, 2010.

1. buhler013

buhler013 New Member

The Daily Dunklin Democrat is looking for a sports editor. The sports editor is responsible for covering Kennett High School and several area high schools, plus there are opportunities for covering collegiate and professional sports, including the NFL's Tennessee Titans. The sports editor will write, paginate and shoot photos. Candidates should be proficient in Quark XPress, Adobe Photoshop and NewsEdit Pro, but we will train the right person. Inquiries and resumes should go to Deanna Coronado, Managing Editor, 203 First Street, Kennett, MO 63857 or dcoronado@dddnews.com

2. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Sheryl Crow was born there. That's all I've got.

3. buhler013

buhler013 New Member

This is my job, so feel free to holler if you have any questions. It does come recommended though, and I think it'd be a great place to start at.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Missouri Bootheel is an interesting place. Not far from Memphis, a little over two hours to St. Louis depending on traffic. You can be in Illinois in a short drive one way and be deep into Arkansas going the other direction.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

the question is, why would you want to be deep in arkansas -- at least not anywhere south of Little Rock?
    The other question is why opportunities to cover the Titans and not the rams or the Cardinals?

6. buhler013

buhler013 New Member

The Titans have treated us pretty good, credentialing us pretty consistently. Plus Nashville and St. Louis are about the same distance from Kennett -- about 3 to 3:15 away.

I never did go to a Rams game, but the Cardinals were pretty stingy about their photo creds with us. The Rams might be worth a shot, though, and I did get creds to shoot the Ole Miss-Mizzou game in Oxford back in '07.

7. buhler013

buhler013 New Member

This one has been filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted