1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Junction City Kansas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Energetic sports editor who can cover five local high schools, lay out sports pages daily and take photos if needed. Right person will be self-starter, well-organized. Newspaper is a 4,400-circulation daily that is a perennial winner in sports and news coverage among other Kansas newspapers in its category. Applicant should be familiar with InDesign. Photo skills are a plus but will train if necessary. Send resume, clips, references to m.editor@dailyu.com. For more information, call (785) 762-5000, ext. 121

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Same position, from April: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/68216/

3. esport12

esport12 Member

I have heard horror stories about this place, but no first-hand knowledge....

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have first-(name your body part) knowledge.

Unfortunately, certain members of the board won't want to hear a rehash.

5. Slash

Slash Member

Know someone who worked there. Worked about 80 hours a week and covered news. Lived in KC area and couldnt even get home for Thanksgiving one year, he worked so much. Someone is going to take this because they need work. I feel sorry for that person.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

::)

Draft saved Draft deleted