1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor in Guymon, Okla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Dec 9, 2011.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

The Guymon Daily Herald, an award winning, six day daily afternoon paper, located in the Oklahoma Panhandle, has an opening for a Sports Editor. This position requires covering schools in our local area. Writing and pagination skills required, Indesign is used to paginate pages, some photography skills helpful. Daily pages and special sections will be required of this position. Salary based on experience. This is a full-time position, and night and weekend work will be necessary. Contact: Allison Gipe, Publisher. 580-338-3355 Interested candidates should send copies of their resumes to Allison Gipe, Publisher, at PO BOX 19, Guymon, OK, 73942 or fax to 580-338-5000 to their attention. Resumes may also be e-mailed to publisher@guymondailyherald.com or editor@ptsi.net. For More information-Phone: 580.338.3355

2. gregcrews

gregcrews Member

This is my soon-to-be former gig. I've accepted the SE job in Duncan, OK. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or PM me.

3. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Congrats and good luck on the Duncan gig.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Duncan will be open again In a few months.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Though the panhandle isn't a place I'd really want to live, it's still beautiful country. Western OK kinda gets a bad rap, IMO, because it's so empty, but it has the most amazing scenery in the state. Nothing like West Texas.

6. gregcrews

gregcrews Member

Wow Stitch, thanks for the vote of confidence.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Not a comment on you in particular. Just a comment on the position itself.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Prediction here is the Greg will do very well in Duncan. How fast CNHI drives a man insane is another issue altogether.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What makes you say that? Greg is good people ...

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Do the Demons still run the triple option?

Draft saved Draft deleted