1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor Highland Lakes Newspapers

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TXSTATE BOBCAT, Apr 10, 2012.

1. TXSTATE BOBCAT

TXSTATE BOBCAT New Member

Posted from Journalismjobs.com

The Marble Falls Highlander has an immediate opening for a Sports Editor responsible for high school and community sports coverage in the Marble Falls area, about 50 miles west of Austin. Must be knowledgeable in all facets of sports writing, from game stories to enterprise features. Must have the ability to shoot photographs and use a hand-held digital video camera. While The Highlander publishes twice a week, we manage a daily web report, so the right candidate must be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a team player. Our sports editor works closely with our production team in designing our sports presentation. Experience a plus. Send resume and five samples of your work to Phil Schoch, Executive Editor, Highland Lakes Newspapers at phil.schoch@highlandernews.com (830-693-4367). Candidates must be willing to travel to our home office in Marble Falls if an interview is warranted. We expect our employees to relocate to our two-county area.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Figured I would post this first because it is my about to be former gig. Message me if you want to know more about it.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Take this job and you can be the second person to run off Todd Dodge.

Draft saved Draft deleted