1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Frisco, Col.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Aug 2, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Summit Daily News Sports Editor This is your chance to craft a sports section for a progressive daily newspaper and website based in Summit County, Colorado, home of four ski resorts and endless outdoor opportunities. Our sports editor must understand the sensitivities of covering youth sports, have a general understanding of all major sports as well as biking, fishing, skiing, snowboarding and sailing, and can relate well to mountain athletes. The sports editor will manage one sports writer, daily budgeting of our sports section, some weekend layout, and be required to write 5-10 stories per week. The best candidate understands industry trends, works well with others, and is proficient in Quark, Photoshop and writing on deadline. This position will be open Sept. 21. Send your cover letter, resume, and 3-5 writing clips to managing editor Ryan Slabaugh, PO Box 329, Frisco, CO 80443, or e-mail digital files to rslabaugh@summitdaily.com. EOE

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Sounds like a cool gig.

Maybe a single guy going to Frisco will find his Felicia.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Nothing to add here but to say I stayed in Frisco on my way to Grand Junction from Denver. Not a bad little town on the western slope. It's just on the other side of the Eisenhower Tunnel (I think that's what it's called) on I-70. Beautiful area.

4. JB20

JB20 Member

I'd love this job. Living in the mountains. Skiing, etc. Too bad you need to have won the lottery to live up there.

5. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle New Member

any idea what this gig might pay?

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Frisco is at the bottom of the Eisenhower Tunnel (the Continental Divide) to the west, about 70 miles west of Denver. Next to Silverthorne and the turnoff for going to Breckridge. Lots of outdoors stuff here. And this job will not pay enough to afford to live there, but still a great area.

Draft saved Draft deleted