1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Fort Bend Herald - Rosenberg, Tx

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by TheWritingWaffle, Dec 19, 2011.

1. via Texas Press Association

http://www.texaspress.com/index.php/services/job-bank - Click the link, then click "Sports Editor"...it's the third one down at the moment.

category: Editorial
    position: Sports Editor
    email: gmartin@fbherald.com
    date: 2011-12-16
    adtext: The Fort Bend Herald, an award-winning daily newspaper in Rosenberg, Texas, is looking for a sports editor with a passion for community journalism. Experience in InDesign, Photoshop and sports photography required. Benefit package includes health insurance, vacation and 401(k). Please send resume, along with samples of your writing and layout work, to Gary Martin at gmartin@fbherald.com.
    -----------

Have no knowledge about this paper other than it's near my neck of the woods - both original hometown and current place of business. Not a bad place to be, but no clue about the product

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

run far and fast

3. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

whats the issue with this one?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have seen lots of jobs on this site. But not one, not Martinsville, Marietta, Roswell or even the Hungry Horse News, has been so bad that it ruined your prostrate health just by looking at it.

5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

"Benefit package includes health insurance, vacation and 401(k)."

Gee, thanks!

6. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

Can't be too bad. I see the guy that got the job at Astros games, state meets, tournaments and whatnot.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Worse than Martinsville or Roswell? That's saying a lot.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Dixie's post was in response to a spam ad about prostate health that has since been deleted.

My dad has lived in Rosenberg for about the last four years, and I've spent a good deal of time there. Never seen the paper once.

It's a pretty nice area, but it's a lot farther from Houston than you think. It's about as far out as you can be and still be considered metro Houston. It's an hour drive to downtown if the traffic's good.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fort Bend is a preps nightmare. You have 10 (!!!) 5A schools in FBISD to cover, all in the same district. You think sending a stringer to get 10 inches of copy will fly with these schools?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Looking at this one ruined my supine health, too.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Does the SE cover the pros on his dine or the paper's? The benefits listed shoud include you get into Astros and other pro games for free under the guise of covering a game.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Let's see ... OP was on Dec. 19, yet thread stays idle until early June? As they say, another great moment in SportsJournalists.com ...

Draft saved Draft deleted