1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SPORTS EDITOR for New Britain Herald and Bristol Press

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by mschroeder, Feb 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. mschroeder

mschroeder New Member

The New Britain Herald and Bristol Press, a local daily newspaper in Central Connecticut, is looking for a do-it-all Sports Editor to join and lead its award-winning staff. The right candidate will be able to not only lead our coverage of 11 high schools, a Division I college, two collegiate summer baseball league teams and more, but be able to design the sports section using InDesign and be able to cover games in the field as well. If interested, send your resume, three story clips and layout examples to Senior Managing Editor Brad Carroll at bcarroll@newbritainherald.com

Central Connecticut Communications is a equal oppportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of color, ethnicity, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or religion. We encourage applications from members of minority groups, and especially those that are bilingual (Polish or Spanish).

2. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

This is like 4 jobs in 1. Holy crap.

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it say. "are daily newspapers"

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Do more with less!!!

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

At least it’s no longer the JRC.

7. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Well, they did say they were looking for a "do it all" sports editor... the lucky winner will literally be doing it all. I'd be the salary on this is between $35K and $45K at best.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I think $37k would be the ceiling. Small paper(s), independent publisher. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

9. thesportsdoctor

thesportsdoctor New Member

He who takes this job will leave with a medical condition called roasted nuts.

Woody Long likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Yeah, when Gannett is offering $45K or so to cover the Mets, you can bet this poor guy or gal is not getting anywhere near that to cover all the sports in central Connecticut. Good news, though, is there's a ton of Subways in the area!

Draft saved Draft deleted