1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor for Marshall, Texas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Methodtomymadness, Oct 5, 2007.

1. This comes courtesy of jjobs:

Company: Marshall News Messenger
    Position:
    Sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $25,000 to $30,000
    Ad Expires:
    November 9, 2007
    Job ID: 559128

Description:
    Our sports editor has left us and we are seeking a quick turnaround for someone to cover sports in an area where prep sports is king. This job requires someone who has a lot of energy and and is willing to work to make a great sports section. The job is approximately two-thirds writing and one-third page layout. This person will also supervise one part-time employee and stringers. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow. Annual pay is roughly $25,000 per year plus limited overtime. The Marshall News Messenger is a Cox Newspaper and is generally the highest-awarded newspaper of its class at the annual state APME convention. To apply you may post resumes here or send them to Phil Latham, publisher/editor at platham@coxmnm.com or fax them to 903-935-6242 or mail them to P.O. Box 730, Marshall, Texas 75671. If you are interested, please apply quickly as time is of importance. NO TELEPHONE CALLS, please.

2. cubman

cubman Member

Didn't this job just come open a few months ago? If it's the same one I'm thinking of, a heads-up was posted here, then I believe it was filled from the inside without an actual public posting.

3. Don't know too much about the paper itself (other than it's a one-person show), but I can help with the area if anyone needs it. Just PM me.

Draft saved Draft deleted