1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sports editor, Florida Today

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by wahoo, Dec 1, 2006.

1. I would like to get some more info on this one also...thanks

2. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Has this job been floated anywhere, or just here?

3. jordwalt

jordwalt New Member

Yeah, I have seen no official opening?

4. wahoo

wahoo New Member

Gannett will post this soon.

5. wahoo

wahoo New Member

Interviews are under way, this position couild be filled soon. Rumor has it in-house candidate has inside track to land it. Anybody else heard anything on this?

6. has this job been posted anywhere haven't seen it?

7. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Exec editor there, I believe, is Terry Eberle. He's been around some. Pretty good guy, as editors go. Friendly to sports. Not real intrusive or meddlng. PM me if you want details about his management style.

8. Florida Today is a really good section. It's always up there in APSEs, but this much turnover has me wondering. What's wrong with this place? Or is it just a situation of three SEs moving on to better jobs?

Where's Ralph going?

9. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

It's Gannett youngster, nothing more needs to be said.
    Somewhat surprising the company is even filling an opening at this point. Will the last one to leave Gannett take the trash can with you?

10. Running Bear

Running Bear Member

For those wondering, Ralph went back to Colorado Springs to become EE at a weekly. A big reason for the move was so he and his wife could be closer to their family.

11. zman82

zman82 Member

so will this ever be officially posted or must w wait to see if inside man gets the job? checked out gannett site earlier and this was not posted. what's the scoop?

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

didn't Gannett just institute another hiring freeze?

Draft saved Draft deleted