1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - Ellensburg, WA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Sports editor

Description:

If you’re interested in covering high school teams that regularly compete for state titles and an NCAA Division II college that most recently sent a football team to the national semifinals, then the Daily Record in Ellensburg, Washington, has an opportunity for you. Our sports editor covers Central Washington University athletics, as well as high schools in Kittitas County. People who have held this position have moved to larger dailies throughout the region and nation. The successful applicant will have an interest in pursuing sports coverage on multiple social media platforms, as well videos and podcasts. Creative self-starters excel in this position. Photo skills are a plus. Ellensburg is ideally situated for people interested in outdoor activities, whether skiing, fly fishing or hiking.
    To apply, send a cover letter, work samples and resume to Michael Gallagher at mgallagher@kvnews.com.
    The Daily Record is part of the Adams Publishing Group.

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll second Michael Gallagher's comments. A great opportunity for a young journalist looking to get strong experience and good clips.

Ellensburg is NOT in the Seattle area — literally on the other side of the mountains — but with a smallish state college in town and outdoorsy opportunities all around it, there are fun things to do.

It also helps if you like rodeo. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted