1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Duncan, Okla. (CNHI)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, Feb 12, 2011.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From jj.com:

Company: The Duncan Banner/CNHI
    Position: Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: March 18, 2011
    Job ID: 1232568

Description:
    The Duncan Banner, Duncan, Okla., is seeking an energetic, organized and knowledgeable sports editor for its six-day a week daily newspaper. The sports editor will cover a variety of sports at seven high schools. The ideal candidate will be community minded and have writing, pagination and layout experience. Knowledge in video and multimedia production will be helpful in selecting the right candidate.

The Banner is owned by CNHI and offers a competitive salary and benefits including health, vision, dental and 401k. Duncan is located in southwest Oklahoma within easy driving distance of Oklahoma City and Dallas.

To apply, send resumes to P.O. Box 1268, Duncan, OK, 73534-1268, or e-mail them to ron.booth@duncanbanner.com.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

This gig is inside my coverage area and I know the area pretty well, though I do not work at the Banner. PM me for any details about the area or what you will be covering.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Same here. I'm an Oklahoma boy and know the state pretty well.

Draft saved Draft deleted