1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Duncan (Okla.) Banner

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gregcrews, Feb 2, 2013.

1. gregcrews

gregcrews Member

This is my current gig for about another week, so if anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask or PM me.

It's a two-man sports department, with a few stringers that mainly help out during football season. It's CNHI, so it's worth doing your homework before you dive into all of that, but I mainly have positive things to say about my time here. I've been here a little over a year.

While we're at it, I will also field questions about the openings in Elizabethtown (Ky), where I worked from 2007-2010, and in Guymon (Okla.), where I worked from 2010-2011. Not sure if I'm leaving big shoes that are hard to fill or if it is just a wake of destruction.

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Search_Jobs_all.cfm

Company: The Duncan Banner
    Position: Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: March 8, 2013
    Job ID: 1467293

Description:

The Duncan Banner, named Oklahoma’s best small daily newspaper in 2011, seeks a solid sports editor to help continue the tradition. Our reader friendly package centers on heavy emphasis of eight high schools, comprehensive coverage of active participatory sports, regular updates from Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and a blended digest of national news and personality profiles. Anchored six-day print presentation invites the reader in and regular updates on the web-site keep them current. Our 24,000 Duncan residents enjoy high quality-of-life standards with easy access to Oklahoma City and Dallas. Send resume and clips to Ed Darling at edarling@duncanbanner.comor call (580) 255-5354.

2. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Your old boss in Kentucky jokes that it is less "big shoes" and more "wake of destruction."

Don't shoot the messenger (unlike in Halo, you own me in that game).

Glad you're happy with your decision about moving on.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Warning: This is a CNHI paper.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

As the OP pointed out ...

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Live in the next county over, if you need any details.....

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Does Quinn Grovey still hang around Duncan?

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Ron Howard was born there. So it's got that going for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted