1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Duluth MN

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Idaho, Aug 25, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One and the same, as a matter of fact....
    I have a statue of the copy editor in the corner of my office

2. gust

gust New Member

This position has been filled on an interim basis since I left it to take the news editor position here in Duluth 9 months ago. Shortly after I vacated it, Knight Ridder put itself up for sale and all open positions were frozen. We're now owned by Forum Communications, a smaller private group of Midwest newspapers. The switch from the very corporate Knight Ridder culture to that of a private family-owned operation brought several noticeable changes, but overall the experience has been positive.
    The new owners immediately agreed to invest in a new pagination system (in fact, they insisted we needed one). Frozen positions are being filled. They've given us more realistic profit targets than what we were required to meet in the final years with KR.
    We have a ways to go in undoing the erosion that's occurred here, but I think we've come out of this OK -- as good or better than the other KR papers McClatchy spun off from the original purchase.
    Feel free to pm me with questions about the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted