1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor - DeKalb (Ill.) Daily Chronicle

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by rjacobson, Mar 20, 2014.

1. rjacobson

rjacobson New Member

The Daily Chronicle, a 9,000 circulation six-day a week newspaper owned by Shaw Media that covers DeKalb County, Ill., is looking for an energetic sports editor to lead our coverage of Northern Illinois University and high school athletics.

This is an opportunity for an editor or writer to step in and lead coverage of a top 30 Division I college football program that has risen to national prominence, a robust high school sports scene and community sports. We are looking for an editor who will continue to grow our print and digital audience, and who relishes taking chances with innovative enterprise and feature ideas. You will be expected to continue the tradition of the Daily Chronicle sports section being recognized nationally.

Qualified candidates must have experience in a deadline-driven environment and have demonstrated the ability to write clear, concise and engaging sports stories and features. Candidates should possess a passion for community sports journalism and the ability to work collaboratively with photographers and reporters to produce a great newspaper and website. They should be able to engage and grow our audience through social media channels. The position also includes limited page design responsibility, so knowledge of InDesign is a plus. The successful candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, reliable transportation and acceptable motor vehicle record.

At least three years of professional experience preferred. Solid knowledge of AP Style and grammar is required. Experience with the web and multimedia is a plus.

Interested candidates are invited to send their résumé, cover letter and clips to:

E-mail: editorialrecruitment@shawmedia.com

2. rjacobson

rjacobson New Member

Anybody with questions on this job can e-mail me at rjacobson@shawmedia.com as it was my previous gig.

3. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Congrats on the job in Casper.

4. I've judged the Daily Chronicle's work at APSE. It's been good stuff, and it looks like there's a lot of good material to cover up there.

Draft saved Draft deleted