1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Dalton, Georgia

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by GAJJ1980, Dec 17, 2019.

1. GAJJ1980

GAJJ1980 New Member

The Daily Citizen-News, a newspaper in Dalton, Georgia, has an opening for a sports editor. Our focus is on local sports in our two-county coverage area, which includes eight high schools and Dalton State College, an NAIA program which won the 2015 NAIA Division I men's basketball championship. We also publish a weekly high school football section during the season. Along with strong writing skills, great interviewing skills and an ability to shoot and edit video, you should have a solid background in layout and design. Only candidates with extensive layout and design experience will be considered. Send a cover letter, résumé and writing/pagination samples (three of each) to editor Jamie Jones at jamiejones@dailycitizen.news. No phone calls please.

2. BTAJournalist

BTAJournalist New Member

Is this position still available?

3. RonClements

RonClements Active Member

If only you knew who to contact.
    "editor Jamie Jones at jamiejones@dailycitizen.news"

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And when you're done, fetch us a beer, noob.

RonClements likes this.
  5. I may not have posted on this board in years, but I believe the standard reply to this type of question used to be, ...

"YOU'RE HIRED!!!!!!"

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What was the name of that town?

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Just watched that movie again last week.

8. Edward Marlowe

Edward Marlowe New Member

Do believe this position has been filled.

Draft saved Draft deleted