1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Daily Courier, Forest City, N.C.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tarheel316, Aug 9, 2012.

1. jla74m

jla74m Member

That's why I questioned it...why repost? It makes no sense.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I don't get it either.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

A lesson to people when they drive. Don't rack up the points.

Remember the SE in Pocatello who got nabbed on a DUI after his farewell party and lost the SE job in Duluth?

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying about racking up points. I think the same thing happened in Fayetteville once. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i'd forgotten about that one. lost his new job and whatnot because of it ... wasn't there also possession of coke or something like that involved in the arrest as well?

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Um, why would the company need to insure someone? Company vehicle? (Crap, does anyone still HAVE company vehicles anymore?) I always did my driving in my own car on my own time/dime. If anything happened (never did), the company wasn't on the hook for anything.

7. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

No, no company vehicle (unless you count the van the circulation department uses) ... but this is a Paxton paper, sooooooooo ...

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The company could be held liable for your actions if doing it in the course of business, which is why driving records checks are run.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Just pot.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

gotta admit, i kinda felt sorry for that cat.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ok, wow. I've never encountered that, so I just figured the only logic was if you were driving a company vehicle. Heck, one of my former colleagues didn't even have a driver's license.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Fuck. I hadn't seen this, and I hate it for him. Dammit. I understand company policy. I understand if the company's insurance holders raised a red flag, but can't they check on this kind of thing before offering employment?

Draft saved Draft deleted