1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Crystal Lake, Illinois

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ForSaleByOwner, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Apologies if already posted, didn't see it.

Company: NorthWest News Group of Greater Chicago
    Position:
    Seeking Group Sports Editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    June 1, 2007
    Job ID: 771329
    Website: http://nwherald.com & kcchronicle.com & MchenryCountySports.com & ChicagoBaseball365.com

Description:
    The NorthWest News Group is looking for a leader ready to embrace the future and lead our sports staff into it.

Our next group Sports Editor must be able to multitask. The position directs sports coverage for two daily newspapers and their Web counterparts - Northwest Herald and Kane County Chronicle - and two niche Web sites - McHenryCountySports.com and ChicagoBaseball365.com.

The Northwest Herald sports section has been named Associated Press Sports Editor’s Top 10 Daily and Sunday for eight consecutive years. This year we won the Triple Crown. McHenryCountySports.com recently was named a finalist for a 2007 EPpy Award.

The NorthWest News Group is located in the highly competitive Chicago northwest and west suburbs. We fight the mega city papers and the suburban wannabes daily. If there’s a professional team in Chicago, we cover it. But our staff of 13 full-timers and army of part-timers also covers preps. We cover our high schools passionately and comprehensively.

This position has been a launching pad in our company. The two previous sports editors now are managing editors. The sports editor before them is the group editor.

The NorthWest News Group offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to join us, please send a résumé, cover letter and work examples that demonstrate your ability to think outside the box to:

Jason Schaumburg Managing Editor / Readership & Production P.O. Box 250 Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Electronic submissions can be sent to jschaumburg@nwnewsgroup.com.

2. Four seconds later than the other post ... mods, please merge and thanks.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

isn't crystal lake where jason killed all those pesky teenagers?

4. Buck Hill

Buck Hill New Member

What happened to David Schwartz?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jason got 'em.

6. JB20

JB20 Member

He moved up.

http://apse.dallasnews.com/2007/apr2007/042907moves.html

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i like the jason theory better.

8. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

What? No smarmy job ad? No boo-yah references? Someone is asleep at the switch over in McHenry County.

9. Chris Iott

Chris Iott New Member

Bump.

Why did this discussion die off? This is a great section with a large staff in a great area.

Just thought I'd try to get it rolling again.

10. FromTheBlock

FromTheBlock New Member

Crystal Lake is a great area. The Northwest Herald is a great paper. And they have a great sports section.

I sat down with David in February about working with the Herald after I gradutate---this Sunday if anyone wanted to know...- and I was really excited about the idea of working for the paper. We didn't get a lot of the details worked out because I still had 3 more months of school, but their paper was definitely my top choice.

Whoever gets this position...remember my name. And call, please...

11. I'm not going to say it, but you all know what I'm thinking. And don't you get to say it at least once or is it that played out.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

YOU'RE HIRED!!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted