1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor, Covington, Ga.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

A weekly paper seeks a responsible sports editor to take the helm of the sports department covering Rockdale County and Conyers, a bustling metro-Atlanta community with a population of more than 80,000.

Here, you’ll have the chance to create your own traditions and make your mark covering the county’s sports life as you see fit. The county boasts three Region 8 AAAA high schools and active youth sports organizations and recreation department.

Applicants with at least one year sports writing experience preferred, although college writing and editing experience will be considered. Fluency in InDesign required, as one of your duties will be to lay out the sports pages. This position is currently 32 hours a week, going to 40 hours as football season starts. The company offers a competitive compensation package and a benefits program that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(K) as well as a company sponsored life insurance, and a long term and short term disability program. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer. The Rockdale News is an EEO Employer.

Please e-mail your resume, at least three writing samples and three page layout samples (PDF or JPEG) to news@rockdalenews.com.

NQLBLQ Member

what do you think a gig like this would pay? More than 15 bucks an hour?
  3. Drip

Drip Active Member

With experience, yes. Without experience, no.
  4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Looking at the website, this looks like a one-man department. That might have gone without saying, but I wanted to say it anyway.
  5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt this job pays $15/hr.
  6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If it gets above $12/hr, I'll be surprised.
Draft saved Draft deleted