1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Courier-Post (Cherry Hill, N.J.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, May 13, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This editor is responsible for managing the Courier-Post Sports Department, which produces a daily sports section, Saturday Varsity scholastic sports section and a Sunday Sports section, in addition to special sections throughout the year. This editor also creates and manages content, including updates and multimedia for the sports sections of the courierpostonline.com. Overall, coverage should be presented through a reader’s lens as part of the Real Life Real News initiative, focusing on priorities that equip readers with information that helps them maximize their lives, with an emphasis on local Varsity and youth sports, including searchable databases on local players. In addition to regular coverage of Varsity and Philadelphia pro sports, this editor must identify and direct sports enterprise on a regular basis and ensure that sports staffers are trained in multimedia, from using TREOs and laptops to digital cameras and video cameras. The position reports to the Managing Editor.

Candidates will have a bachelor's degree with a background in journalism. A minimum of five years experience in sports and newsroom management also required.

The Courier-Post/Gannett offers an excellent benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k) upon completion of a 90-day introductory period.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?sc_extcmp=JS_JobAlert_Title&ipath=PSSKT3&psa=1&Job_DID=J8B79Z6T17W6GB115Y2&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=b13a55f4705646b3aa7725922c9c06eb-263987330-JF-5

2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cherry Hill ... LOL. Reminds me of a joke.
    _____

A girl says to her date, "You're in for a real treat. I've been told that I have a body just like New Jersey."

So, her date grabs her waist and asks, "What's this?"

She replies, "This is Middlesex."

He grabs her butt and asks "What's this?

She replies "Freehold."

Then he grabs her breast and asks "What's this?" She replies "Point Pleasant."

Finally, he reaches between her thighs and says, "I guess this is Cherry Hill?"

"No", She replies, "That's Eatontown."

The guy gets so excited that he pulls down his pants and says, "Welcome to Wildwood!"

Draft saved Draft deleted