1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Editor/Content, Providence, R.I.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Death, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Death

Death Member

ZebraCoy just pointed out that this is/could be a D_B: This job might still be open; it just was re-posted on mediamarket jobs last week. If it's still open, seems like a good gig for someone.

ProjoSports, the new media sports department of The Providence Journal, seeks a Sports Editor/Content to direct a staff of about a dozen reporters in the coverage of professional, college and high school sports. The successful candidate will have a proven record of achievement in story assignment, development and editing. Expertise in sports journalism is required.

Candidates must have a command of convergence trends in online and print media, excellent communication skills, and a demonstrated record of leadership in a media company. An undergraduate degree is required; graduate degree is preferred.

We offer an excellent salary and a comprehensive benefits package, 401 (K), tuition reimbursement and growth opportunities. Interested individuals should send a resume along with salary history to:

The Providence Journal Company
    Att.: Human Resources
    75 Fountain Street
    Providence, RI 02902

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Wasn't this one on here not too long ago?

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

yuppers

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'll bet it got good response the first time. Reposting it makes me wonder what's going on.

5. Belo just announced today it was cutting 500 newspaper jobs nationwide at Dallas, Providence and Riverside, Calif. (14 percent of its nationwide personnel, and third round of layoffs/buyouts since 2004). So it's hard to say what this announcement means.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

it may mean they're stuck hiring cheap

Draft saved Draft deleted