1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports editor, Columbus, Ind.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Mark2010, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The Columbus (Indiana) Republic is seeking an energetic sports editor who has the drive and skills to direct coverage and write sport stories. Candidates must have innovative coverage ideas, focus on the local community and have excellent judgment and planning skills. Must be able to do and develop in-depth enterprise, breaking news, features stories and daily stories. Looking for a leader who can run with stories and come up with original story and presentation ideas that connect with the reader and take our sports section to the next level. Send resume and clips to: ssyse@dailyjournal.net.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

All the Tony Stewart you can handle!

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

4. dragonzo

dragonzo Guest

The fact that you're sending your resume and clips to the editor of a different paper in the chain should be a warning sign.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Ding, ding, ding.

They've got some capable people on their sports desk, too, so I'm curious as to why they're not promoting from within.

I'm an alum of a paper in the chain. PM me if you need a bit of info, although I'm a bit removed from Columbus, do know a bit about some of the people involved.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Just discovered that Jay Heater took this job. He was the former SE in Pocatello, ID and before that the ME in Crawfordsville, IN (and some moons ago...The Contra Costa Times). He must have missed all that corn and flatness.
    Welcome back to the Heartland Jay.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Holding my tongue, but I will just say that this isn't a paper that does a very good job of valuing/retaining sports talent.

Draft saved Draft deleted